Sunday, September 2, 2007

Windows Vista

I'll be honest, I'm something of a Microsoft Hater. I don't really like them, and even though I use Windows XP (Just because the rest of my family needs it), I'd rather have a Mac.
Sure, I'll be honest, I want the video game Crysis so bad that I'm willing to spend a couple of thousand dollars on a Vista gaming platform...eventually, but really, I don't like Vista all that much. Between my anger over Microsoft and the horror stories over bugs, it just doesn't excite me.
The past couple of days, my Uncle from Chicago has been here, and he brought with him a Toshiba laptop with Vista on it. I've been playing around with it, and I have to be honest: it's pretty nice.
The interface and design, excpet for the Windows Start Button, are ripped straight out of Mac, but lets be honest, we can't blame Microsoft for copying the world leader in beautiful backgrounds and interfaces. I'd do it if I were them. As for ease of use, I wasn't really getting into the nuts and bolts of the thing, so I was really looking at it from the point of view of a basic consumer, and what I saw wasn't bad. Everything opens super quickly and super easily, nothing appears to hard to use or anything like that, and he's got a built in webcam on his laptop, so that comes up and works at surprisingly high resolutions with extreme ease.
Now I can't say that it convinced me to like it all that much, but for a first time experience, I came away rather pleased.

All right, here's a list of the only things I like about Microsoft:
1. Xbox (Includes Xbox 360)
2. Halo/Halo 2/Halo 3

That's it!

No comments: