Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Game Review: Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)

The last game that I played and finished was Ninja Gaiden Black, and several video game magazines have suggested that those wanting to get into the video game industry should maybe write some game reviews, so here goes...

Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)

Overall Score: 9/10
Pros: Great graphics, engaging combat
Cons: Crappy story, stupid save points, sometimes just gets too dang frustrating

Okay, so I picked this game up awhile ago, and then one day I decided to actually play it. First off, the game is awesome. The combat is buttery smooth, the graphics are great, especially the pre-rendered cutscenes, and it is just awesome altogether. However, there are a few drawbacks. One, the combat, while awesome, is super ridiculously hard against a lot of the enemies, and while that is good and engaging, sometimes it just becomes ridiculous, specifically if you don't have a lot of time to play. The same goes for the puzzles, which are brilliant, don't get me wrong, but maddening. Sometimes, I just wanted it to be a tad easier, and then when I finally solved the puzzle, I felt a lot better and happy that I had solved it. Even then, that feeling of anger stayed with me. Once, I was so frustrated that I slammed my Xbox controller into the ground, and now I have to hang onto it very tightly, because otherwise it buzzes uncontrollably whenever a game vibrates.
So overall, if you have some patience and some skill, go ahead and buy the game if you're intereested, otherwise, stay very far away.

Concept: Ninjas, cool creatures, and awesome girl characters make for ultimate gaming awesomeness.

Graphics
: Super smooth and great. The character models look great, although some of them look a little shiny at times, and the pre-rendered cutscenes are to die for.

Sound: The music is pretty good most of the time, the sound effects are nice, so overal not too bad.

Playability: Pretty good, if not challenging AI, and pretty awesome controls, except maybe for the camera at times.

Entertainment: Perfect the first time you get through it, but I personally am not sure if I really want to play through it again.

Replay Value: Moderate.

Okay, so now every time that I beat a game, or anytime that I feel like review a game that I previously beat, I will do.

No comments: