Saturday, September 29, 2007

Game Review: Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

The conclusion to this epic trilogy....and I finished it!

Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

Overall Score: 10/10
Pros: Great graphics even on an SDTV, great story, super fun gameplay, best campaign mode ever.
Cons: Some points are a little confusing, and it spoils you for other games.

Halo 1 was perfect, Halo 2 was near perfect, and Halo 3 helps the series regain its jeweled crown of perfection. First off, no, the graphics aren't super high detail, super high textures, super high everything. They are subtle and stylized and overall much more beautiful. The sound design is perfect, with everything sounding as realistic as is possible, and the music is to die for. And the main reason that I play, the campaign, is the best part of the whole package. The story is downright awesome. Even though some points are a little fuzzy and will require a couple more playthroughs, I felt like I understood everything in the big picture. The story itself is really tied neck and neck with the gameplay as my favorite part of the game. Everything in the game feels like it was structured and paced perfectly. The entire game was absolutely a blast to play from beginning to end, and I can't wait to play it again, in fact, I might just do that once I'm done posting this. It is super amazingly fun, and it is highly recommended to anyone who likes good stories and fun gameplay.

NOTE: I didn't really get a chance to screw around with multiplayer stuff, but from what I have experimented with, I can say that Forge is pretty easy to use, though not perfect, and that Saved Films are a blast, but I'm still trying to figure a couple of things out concerning it.

Concept: Make the ending of the Halo trilogy the best possible game that it could be.

Graphics: Extremely good on an SDTV. They aren't the sharpest things in the world, but the overall Halo style and feel are presented perfectly. Real fans won't be disappointed.

Sound: Mary O'Donnell's music mixes in perfectly with the rest of the sound in the game, making the whole thing just absolutely perfect.

Playibility: The perfect Halo gameplay isn't gone. This game is more fun than Halo 2, and just as fun as the first game. I gave it a 10/10 score, so that's gotta tell you something about how fun it was.

Entertainment: Perfect from start to finish, this game is great for everyone who loves good stories and good gameplay.

Replay Value: Very High.

No comments: