Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Fascination With the Unknown

Without any doubt, 2001: A Space Odyssey is one of the greatest films ever made, and really, its one that I very much enjoyed. Right now, I'm reading 2010: The Second Odyseey, a continuation of the movies that was written by Arthur C. Clarke, the original book's author and co-author of the screenplay. There are also two other books, 2061 and 3001.

To be honest, I didn't really get the movie when I saw it for the first time. It was just too wierd, and the plot wasn't really expressed or told to the viewer, they really had to look and find it for themselves. I guess that was what really threw me off the first time through. Now, watching it again, I realize just how awesome it really is. I don't really have the time or the ability to write down every single thing that I find awesome about the movie, but I do have to say, it is just awesome. Maybe sometime I'll get around to writing a review of it...

No comments: