Saturday, September 8, 2007

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

If you have been reading my blog at all, you know that I am a big Halo fan. However, I have to admit one thing:

If I were to have only one video game series that I had to play for the rest of my life, I would choose Splinter Cell.

Why? Well, here, I'll spell it out for you. I love Halo, and have probably beaten the first game at least forty times. I've also beaten Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory around eight times. Each time that I replayed Chaos Theory, I have felt that it was like a totally new experience, because the AI is always adapting, and you are always discovering new things in the game world. Each time that I have replayed Halo, it has been simple and pretty much the same every single time that you play.

Plus, I have to admit, the Splinter Cell series has some of the best graphics, sound, gameplay, voice acting, and stories of any video game ever. Everything is just awesome. Michael Ironside is awesome, and the supporting cast works out well. The graphics really help to immerse you in the game, and it just makes everything so more visceral.

Today, I went to the store and bought the Splinter Cell: Double Agent Collector's Edition for the Xbox 360. It was $29.99 new, while it used to be $69.99. Anyways, this entry in the series brings the level of graphical quality and gameplay quality up to amazing heights. Anyone seen the screenshots in Game Informer? The game looks amazing. I'm not sure if it really holds up that well while you're playing it, but...man does it look sweet.

Overall, if you haven't played Splinter Cell yet, buy one of every game in the series and then go crazy. The gameplay is awesome, although you do have to have some patience, and it just makes for a superlative gaming experience.

(Also, if you can, get the collector's editions of Chaos Theory and Double Agent, because they are worth it, especially the Chaos Theory one)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kinda have been expecting this in a way...
But I reali dun think da world is going to end...start a new era maybe but the world is not ending.
That's not gonna happen till a thousand years later! Ok, I'm not sure bout that either but that's not the point! The world's not gonna end! Full stop!
[url=http://2012earth.net/eschatology.html
]planetery ascension december 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012