Thursday, August 30, 2007

Seriously Thinking About Video Game Careers

Today, I sat in front of my computer for three hours with a stack of Game Informer magazines, going through them and listing all of the different video game developers that I would be interested in working at. I eventually listed 101 total.
Really, looking at my abilities, I don't really have all of the skills usually attributed to a 'Design' postion, which is really the only kind of position I would be even considered for, so I'm going to be researching all of these companies for the next few weeks, gathering research and narrowing it down until I compile a final list of companies that I would be interested in working at as either a 'Designer' or what I would really prefer, a 'Writer'.
Primarily, my interest is in writing. I can't really do scripting and all that junk, I just really like to write, and I am really good at it. Some companies. Like Insomniac Games actually take resumes for any position and keep them on store. Then, if they need someone, they just look at their records.
As soon as I graduate high school, I am going to send a bunch of resumes out to a bunch of video game companies and see if they are interested. I don't know, it might work.

Also, I've started another screenplay. It's a little bit like Gears of War, but instead of a few people banding together to save the world, its a whole ton of people banding together. I wrote 20 pages yesterday. Maybe I'll work a little bit on it tonight, but I don't know...

No comments: