Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Dream Job

A freind asked me not too long ago to tell me what my dream job is. So, I thought that I would write it down. I'd like to work in four different fields at the same time, and have already started working towards all of them:

1. Video Games - I'd be a designer/writer. I am very good with ideas and design, and am also a very prolific writer. I have started to work on a small game project with my friends, and not too long ago I wrote a 154-page design document for one of my ideas-in eight days.

2. Screenplays - I have written four of these so far (1 science fiction/first part of trilogy, 1 sci-fi/noir, 1 western, 1 odd no genre film), all of them clocking in between 110 pages and 126 pages. I wrote the western over the course of eleven days. Maybe some day I'll post excerpts from some of my scripts.

3. Novels - I am currently working on three books: two of them are standalone novels, and one is a collection of short stories. I have a rough outline for one of the novels, the first four chapters and forty pages of the other novel, and over 100 pages of the collection of short stories (Which I'm only half done with). I heard somewhere that Stephen King writes 1500 words a day, which I have found to be roughly nine or ten pages. Just yesterday I wrote a 26-page short story, all in about four or five hours altogether.

4. Comics - I have written the first two issues of a planned six issue series (Please note, the plan for six issues is my plan, not a publisher or anything, no one besides me has seen the scripts), I have the first chapter of a graphic novel, and plans for several more.

Yes, I know, this all seems like a big huge dream of mine, but you know what, I'm working towards these goals with every day, and maybe just some of this stuff will be possible.

No comments: