Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Gears of War and My Pre-Order Anger

Blue Dragon
Today, August 28 2007, was supposed to be the North American release date for Blue Dragon. Today, I got to my local Gamestop, where I pre-ordered the game back in May, and they say that today was the 'ship date' and that they would probably have the game tomorrow. I am venting right now, because #1, the release date is the release date, its not the 'ship date'. September 25 isn't the 'ship date' for Halo 3, its the freaking release date, and I'm going to be there on that day to get my copy along with everyone else.
It just really ticked me off. Oh, well. While I was there, I also picked up...

Gears of War Collector's Edition
Okay, sure I don' t have a 360 yet, but I don't care, becuase this game was the first game that I was going to by besides Blue Dragon and Halo 3. Now, I don't have to go sifting around at my local stores trying to find the game. First off, the tin just looks freaking awesome and is uber-cool. It's a little bit like the super rare Gamestop Limited Edition of Resident Evil 4 that I have, but its black case makes it a pain in the but concerning fingerprints. The stuff inside is cool, and the Destroyed Beauty book was really nice. I just got finished watching all of the special features stuff, and it is pretty freaking cool.

No comments: