Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Movie Review #11: The Bourne Identity

The Bourne Identity
Overall: 8/10
Pros: Interesting story and characters, less of a focus on massive amounts of action and more of a focus on story
Cons: Somewhat slow and a little hard to understand

I watched this (Finally) after much prodding and poking from my sister. I had always thought the movies featuring the character Jason Bourne looked interesting, but they also looked a lot like your average action movie. Well, I was wrong about that. This movie (And presumably the other two, which I haven't seen) actually have an idea behind them, making them a set of "smart" action movies.

The character of Jason Bourne and all of his abilities as well as his past and life are extremely interesting and make for a great movie. Matt Damon is perfectly cast as Jason Bourne, and he really helps to bring the character to life. The supporting cast is also great, and they also help to flesh out the movie as a whole, making it much more than your traditional action thriller.

The story is great and the whole premise is very cool, and that combined with the execution of the movie makes it a real joy to watch and experience, and I really hope that everyone out there watches it and loves it like I did.

However, I do have a few problems with the story's pacing, as well as the fact that you really need to think about everything that is said in order to figure out what really went down in the life of Jason Bourne. That's good because it keeps the audience thinking, but it's bad because it forces you to think through and figure out something that should have been explained better.

The movie is great, though, and I hope that everyone out there goes and sees it.

No comments: